869 Lexington Avenue, between East 65th and 66th Streets, New York, NY
Built in 1918, the Church of St. Vincent Ferrer is a Roman Catholic parish on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Modeled after European Gothic churches and designed by Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue, the building has been celebrated as among New York’s greatest architectural achievements and was once selected to be one of the 50 most beautiful churches in the United States. The church was designated a New York City landmark in 1967. Seventeen years later, in 1984, the church and priory, designed in 1881 by William Schickel, were listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A Q&A with Executive Director, Melissa Smey, about Wang Lu’s upcoming Composer Portrait on February 21 featuring Yarn/Wire and International Contemporary Ensemble.continue reading
A Q&A with Melissa Smey by Lara Pellegrinelli about Tyshawn Sorey’s Composer Portrait on March 28.continue reading