515 W 116 St, on Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY
Originally built in 1885, the Maison Française's current home is the oldest building on the Columbia University campus. The East Gallery is located on the ground floor of the building, also known as Buell Hall. Click here to view the Columbia campus map, which indicates the exact location of Buell Hall.
Founded a century ago, in 1913, as a “center for the study of French civilization and French literature,” the Columbia Maison Française was the first such cultural institute established on an American campus. Throughout its history, the Maison Française has led the way in exposing New York audiences to eminent French and Francophone thinkers, writers, artists, and political figures, while promoting rich exchanges across disciplines on a wide range of topics.